How was everyone’s weekend??
Ours was delightfully uneventful. Well, there was one event!
I did have dinner with the lovely Tina while she was in town! Can’t wait to do that again. How fun that we only live about 1.5 hours from each other??
Now, for the real reason you are here. Vanilla Bourbon Plantain Bread!
I have been in love with plantain bread now for months. It is just plain delicious.
When I found vanilla bourbon extract at Trader Joe’s, I knew I had to find a way to use it… especially since I live in Kentucky. Good ol’ Bourbon capital!
- 1 large slightly yellow plantain
- 1/2 cup butternut squash or pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 3Tbsp water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla bourbon extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix your flax and your water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut up your plantain and put that and puree in the blender. Blend well.
- Add in flax mix, cinnamon, extract, and salt, and baking soda. Blend well.
- Last, add in your ACV. Make sure this blends really well.
- Place in oiled 8X8 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
It will pull away from the pan when it is done. It will look something like this:
This stuff is heavenly! Smother it with some nut butter and you have yourself the perfect treat.
If you just want a hint of the vanilla bourbon, only use 1/2 tsp. For a more full flavor, go for 1 tsp.
Have a Marvelous Monday!
Ever tried bourbon extract?
How was your weekend??