Brazil nuts are a new favorite of mine.
For years, I always picked out those large, weird looking nuts out of the mixed nut can and left them for the next person. I had no clue what I was missing!
Brazil nuts are where it’s at y’all! Plus, they are super high in selenium. Without getting too nerdy, selenium is great for antioxidant protection and it supports natural thyroid function.
This Vanilla Bourbon Brazil Nut Butter is naturally very creamy and drippy. Just the way I like it!
- 1.5 cups of brazil nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla bourbon extract*
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup or organic sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Toast Brazil nuts for 7-8 minutes on a baking sheet.
- Remove from oven and allow to COMPLETELY cool.
- Place nuts in a small food processor and process until creamy.
- Add vanilla bourbon extract, salt, and maple sugar. Process well.
*No vanilla bourbon extract? That’s okay! Just use vanilla extract.
Feel free to double this to make a larger jar. This makes one small jelly jar of nut butter.
It is delicious on muffins, oats, fruit, or just on a spoon.
My vote is on a date or just straight out of the jar!