Is everyone turkey’d out yet?
I hope not! I have a delicious and super fast meal for you today.
The month of December is extremely crazy for us. I am working more, we have Christmas parties, and we have another little guy to shop for! All good things, but it just leaves less time for “stuff”.
This is the perfect meal especially after spending so much time in the kitchen at Thanksgiving and the lack of time I have to spend in the kitchen right now.
It was inspired by Ashley’s recipe, but since I can’t have cheese and I was out of peas… I took a spin off her idea!
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 99% lean)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6-7 mushrooms, chopped (mine were large mushrooms)
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- red chili flakes to taste
- Serve with: avocado, cilantro, sriracha or hot sauce
- Start by cooking your spaghetti squash. You can either poke holes in it and cook on high in the microwave for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Or preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half and remove the guts. (Save the seeds!) Place inside facing down on a baking sheet with a little bit of water on the sheet. Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- When squash is done. Allow to cool while preparing everything else.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add in the ground turkey. Chop up well and stir until cooked through.
- Add in seasonings while cooking.
- Scrape out spaghetti squash and add squash and spinach to the skillet.
- Mix well and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve with avocado, cilantro, and sriracha or hot sauce.
I’m all about the sriracha these days!
This is so fast and easy it is becoming a staple in our house. In fact, I think we are having it for dinner again tonight.
Good thing Luvy doesn’t mind! 😉
Do you like Tex Mex?
What is your favorite 1 skillet dinner?