Every mom needs pumpkin spice protein bites.
Why you may ask? Pumpkin spice anything is a win. Plus, two words: Potty Training. These keep me out of the cookie jar… sometimes.
Seriously, I have to keep my energy up while chasing a 1 and 3 year old around? Plus, one is likely to potty in the floor at any given moment. Yep, pumpkin spice protein bites are a necessity.
They have all the major requirements: healthy protein, healthy fat, healthy carb… and chocolate. All the major food groups covered! 😉 I say that’s a well rounded snack!
- 1.5 cups Cinnamon Crispy Brown Rice cereal
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter (drippy)
- 1/3 Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix cereal, coconut flour, and protein powder in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix your almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the wet with the cereal. I do this using my hands.
- Add in the walnuts and/ or chocolate chips.
- Form into balls using your hands.
For the protein powder, I used Vanilla Pea Protein from Growing Naturals. You may need more almond butter or honey depending on how drippy your almond butter is.
Jokes aside, I love having something healthy around for a quick snack. Plus, they travel well too for days that I work. Throw a couple in my lunch for my mid afternoon snack attack and I’m golden!
The Cinnamon Crispy Brown Rice cereal from Erewhon makes these bites so good! Remember when my friends over at Erewhon sent me some cereal and granola to play with for the holidays?? Hint: I made some delicious Cranberry Granola Sugar Cookies. I still had this left over, and I’m so glad i did!
You can roll them bigger or smaller, whatever your preference. You could probably also press them into bars too! That may be my next experiment!
*Full disclosure: I was sent this cereal for free. Recipe and thoughts are all my own, as always!
What is your go to snack?
What flavor of protein bite is your favorite?