Once upon a time, in a far away land…. I promised you all a recipe.
That was before I moved, started renovating and house, and all craziness ensued. Forgive me?
After this Turkey, Artichoke, and Kale Pasta recipe I think you might!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 16 oz brown rice pasta
- 1 bag 10 oz kale
- zest 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- black olives to garnish
- Put onion, ground turkey, and garlic in a skillet. I used a large cast iron skillet. Add about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for cooking.
- Cook over medium heat stirring well until meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook your noodles according to package instructions.
- Once turkey is cooked through, add in lemon zest, artichokes, and kale. Add in your red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Aim on the low side, because it is easier to add more later than make it too spicy.
- Cook on medium- low until kale wilts down.
- Add in artichokes and kale.
- Stir cooked pasta in.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil together and pour over pasta.
- Garnish with black olives and serve.
Forgive me now?
I thought so.
We have been having this for dinner a lot here lately. It is perfect for spring. You get some veggies in, yet it is a warmish meal. Not too hot for the warm days.. but not cold either. Just perfect!
Do you ever make pasta without traditional red sauce?
What is your favorite pasta dish?