I did not want to adult this week. How about some Friday Favorites and I’ll pretend I posted the other 2 posts I had coming for you this week? Shall we?
1. The weather turned cool this week and rainy. It makes me sleepy. I want large cups of coffee (yes, I mean cupS) and a nap. I’m one of those freakish people that caffeine has no effect on. I can drink coffee and go right to sleep. It’s a gift, really.
Since we are talking about coffee, if you haven’t tried Vega One Mocha with hot coffee, coconut milk (full fat), and a banana blended up, you are missing!
2. Before it turned of cold and rainy, Baby D and I were enjoying our fallish mornings outside “working”. We mow, shovel, ride bikes, and play while sissy naps.
I love this one on one time with him!
3. Baby girl gets plenty of one on one time too, don’t you worry. We hang out while brother naps in the afternoons. Baby Girl isn’t an awesome napper, but she’s growing like a weed.
She says dada, bye-bye, mama, and bubba. Baby D has also taught her how to climb stairs. Awesome.
4. We are still slowly working on the house and getting it decorated. Things certainly go slower with kids! Here is our newest project:
We will be finishing it up this weekend. I really owe you all an update!
5. My “free time” has been filled with working on Refresh Summit. I can’t believe that we are only about a month away!!
We are reading Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst, and I’m loving it…. when I get to read it. LOL!
If you haven’t already bought your ticket for Refresh, do it now! Spots are filling up fast, and we only have a few tickets left!
6. I love love love summer, but this year I’m actually ready for fall. Last year, I was so sick I didn’t get to enjoy any of my favorite fall foods like pumpkin, butternut squash, chili, and all those cozy crockpot meals.
I’m making this Butternut Squash Chili in a Pumpkin Bowl asap. Who wants to come over?
7. This weekend, we are doing some clearing out and getting rid of stuff. I love a good purge!
I’m also teaching this weekend, and we have some major rest and play time scheduled.
Have a fantastic weekend!!!
What are you up to this weekend?
What good books have you read lately?