Baby Delight has been so blessed and showered with so much love from all of you. Seriously, your comments, which I will respond to asap, have brought me to tears. I can’t wait to show all this love to our sweet boy one day.
In honor of Baby Delight, Sarah from The Smart Kitchen made me a special nut/seed butter for me to snack on! We affectionately call it Baby Delight Butter… it even looks like baby poo!
However, I can assure you that it is delicious!
Take it away Sarah!
But it sure tastes good.
This isn’t the first time I’ve ended up with a butter of poo-like appearance.
(And it probably won’t be the last.)
However, this is especially appropriate, as it was a gift to celebrate the birth of Baby Delight!*
Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Butter
(“Baby Delight” Butter)
- 2 cups raw pepitas
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Toast pepitas for 8-10 minutes at 300 degrees.
- Put pepitas in a food processor. Process until pepitas begin to release oil and form butter consistency, scraping at regular intervals.
- Add coconut oil and continue to process until smooth.
- Add sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Process until well incorporated.
Thank you so much Sarah!
It is amazing how blends become so much more than “blog friends”. So many of you are close friends and are like family to me.
Have you ever tried your hand at making your own nut butter?
What is your favorite nut butter or combination nut butter??