Thank you all for your sweet and encouraging comments from yesterday’s post. I’m sure I’m going to have to read them over and over next week when I’m back at work!
You all had me in tears… good tears!
Enough of the sappy talk here. 😉 I promised you all a recipe last week… right?
This is the perfect meal right now. It is warming, yet not too heavy. Plus, it is in the crockpot!
Crockpot = Mommy’s Best Friend
Squash, Lentil, and Carrot stew is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 3 cups winter squash, cubed*
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- small stub of ginger (maybe 1 inch?), diced
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups of water or broth
- Chop everything up and dump all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4- 41/2 hours.
- *feel free to use butternut, cushaw, or sub sweet potato
- Top with cilantro and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
What is your favorite crockpot meal?
Who is starting to crave more light and summer foods?? (I am!!)