This was my first attempt at cauliflower rice, and it was delicious.
Even Luvy was a fan! It was spicy and served with sriracha, so of course it would be loved around here.
Anything spicy is a win around here.
- 1 head of cauliflower, riced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- First, wash cauliflower then put large pieces in the food processor. Process until it looks like rice. I had to do mine in 3 batches.
- Put the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large skillet with a good bit of olive oil.
- Cook until onion starts to soften.
- Add spices and cauliflower.
- Cook until cauliflower is softened but not mushy.
- Season with black pepper, and sriracha or hot sauce.
Best part about my Spicy Mexican Cauliflower Rice is that it can be a side or paired with chicken, black beans, spicy sausage, or meatballs to make it a full meal.
We’ve had it both ways, and both were wins!
Have you tried cauliflower rice?
Are you a hot sauce or sriracha fan? We have always loved Frank’s Red Hot, and we just recently tried Trader Joe’s sriracha!