‘Tis that time of year. I am sneezing, manly sounding, and now I have the headache.
I only get bad headaches with the weather goes from one extreme to another. 🙂 For example, it was only 50° on Saturday and then today it was 82°. Lovely. I’m very glad to have the heat back, but my head feel like it is going to explode!! That also could be from all the studying I have been doing! 😉
Regardless of the warmer weather, I am definitely in the mood for fall foods. Soup beans, chili, stews, and comfort foods have been dominating our house. My favorite fall food, however, is pumpkin! I love it. I love pumpkin in just about anything and everything.
I’m working on a new recipe for pumpkin pasta sauce… it’s gonna be good!
My newest creation was a spin off my Almost Grandma’s Banana Bread. I turned it into Pumpkin Banana Bread!
This is the best pumpkin banana bread I have ever made!
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup stevia baking blend (or 1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts (opt)
- Mash bananas. Add all “wet” ingredients and mix well. ( I know the sugar isn’t wet, but mix it in anyway!) I just mash my banana up with a fork. I like the banana to be a little chunky.
- Mix all “dry” ingredients and slowly mix into banana mixture. Put in greased loaf pan or muffin pan.
- Bake muffins for 18 minutes. For a loaf, bake for 45-50 minutes.
Top with peanut butter, honey, and chopped bananas for an almost sinfully good breakfast. 🙂 Or just grab them on your way out the door on days you are running late…. I wouldn’t know anything about that! 😉 It would also make a nutritious afternoon snack…. I wouldn’t know anything about that either…
What are your favorite fall foods?