I love this breakfast!
Honestly, I can’t get enough!
Most of you all asked for my peach and blueberry protein muffin recipe last Wednesday, so your wish is granted!
- 3 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1/2 scoop protein powder**
- 2 egg whites or 2 Tbsp of egg whites
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk (I used hemp milk)
- 1/2 peach chopped
- 1/4 cup blue berries- frozen or fresh
- Mix flour, protein powder, egg whites, and baking powder in bowl. Add in applesauce and milk.
- You may need more milk if the mix is too dry. This depends on your protein powder.
- Add in peaches and berries and microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Leave some of the peaches and berries for a topping if desired.
Top with nut butter, peaches and berries, and extra milk and cinnamon.
This is delicious, and a great way to start out your day with healthy carbs, protein, and fat. It would also be great post workout!
**I have been using Growing Naturals brown rice protein for these recently, but I have also used Sunwarrior in the past. I have heard that whey protein does not work in these so experiment at your own risk! 😉
If you don’t have peaches, refer to my Protein Buckwheat Muffin recipe!
What fruit would you put in a protein muffin?
Muffins or pancakes??