Don’t Saturday mornings just feel amazing??
Luvy and I have a wedding to go to this afternoon that will last all day, so our Saturday is pretty much booked. At least it will be something fun, and it will give Luvy a nice break from the office and his writing! :) Maybe I’ll drag him out on the dance floor tonight???
I saw this on Paige’s blog a while back. You all know my love of surveys, so I thought I would share. It is all about running. Since I recently ran two 5ks, I have the running fever right now.
10 Running Tidbits
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
I don’t run far enough to need fuel while I run now. However, when I was training for my half, I used dried apricots and dates.
Gu and shot blocks would make me choke… I’m weird.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
I love running my 5ks but…
Hands down the 10k is my favorite. They aren’t terrible to train for- but you still have to train, you aren’t exhausted after, you don’t have to ice or require a lot to recover from….. I’m a fan!
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Shorts in the summer, capris in the spring and fall, pants in the winter!
I hate being cold so I bundle according to the weather.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
I just stick to my water. Everything else gives me stomach cramps while I run. I do love me some Fitmixer aminos before and after I run though!
I just wish that it was soy free.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I’m a fickle runner. I prefer the heat, but if it is too humid I don’t like it. I will still run in it though. However, the cold… I’m staying indoors!
If it weren’t for Michelle, it would have been too cold for me to voluntarily run the Susan G. Komen race!
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
I have always run in Mizunos. In fact, they just sent me a pair to review!!
(this is not the pair they sent!)
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Depends on how long of a race I’m running. For a 5k or 10k, I usually eat a banana with nut butter or a smoothie before, then eat a real breakfast after.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
I’m not running currently. I’m sticking with lower intensity things like weights, walking, pilates, and yoga. I usually take 2 days of rest per week or more if my body needs it.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
I never run with music. I’m such an oddball. Even during my half, I ran without it! I think it is because it is just something else to deal with. I love listening to the crowd when I run too. If I’m in the gym and they have music blasting… fine by me!
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
I started running because it was something that Luvy and I could do together. I HATED it at first, but soon fell in love with it. Plus, it is a great stress reliever!
Runners: cold or hot weather?
Do you like to workout with music or without?
What is your favorite way to work out?