Happy Monday! I’m so not ready to go back to work today, so this Marvelous in My Monday Monday post is going to get me in the right mind frame!
Luvy and I grilled out to celebrate this milestone.
I also finally tried the cauliflower pizza crust that Laura raves over. I followed the recipe to a T, and mine was more like cauliflower mush… BOO! It wasn’t marvelous, but trying a new recipe was! I can’t wait to try it again and see if I can do it better next time.
Sunday, Luvy and I took the day off, and we just hung out together. We haven’t been able to do that in forever, so it was absolutely marvelous! Our weekend was really uneventful, but that was so marvelous! So marvelous actually that I didn’t even break out my camera! I didn’t want to think about blogging and just live.
My sleeping has not gotten any better. I’m not sure what gives.. but my melatonin has been a marvelous lifesaver! I take it 1 hour before bed, and it seems to help some. However, it doesn’t KEEP me asleep!
Another marvelous thing is my girl Heather is starting a Meatless Monday A-Z this week!
This week is artichokes. So, now I had big plans for some artichokes this weekend… I really did. However, Luvy got first place and so the artichokes are still in the fridge. Lucky for you, I use artichokes quite a bit. Other than chopping them up and throwing them on pizza…. why didn’t I do that???, I love them in stews.
Here is a recipe that I have previously posted, but I added in some modifications. I am always changing my recipes!
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced (I used 3 frozen cubes from Trader Joe's)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup dry red lentils (do not use brown!)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed is best
- 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups quartered artichoke hearts (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 7 minutes. Add in the garlic, cumin, and coriander and cook for 2 minutes. Stir frequently. You may need to add more water here.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Add more water if it becomes too thick. (I added in about another 1/2 cup or so).
- Remove bay leaf and serve over brown rice.
This recipe is one of Luvy’s favorites!! It is ‘Luvy Approved’!
How do you all like artichokes??
What is marvelous in your Monday??
What did you do this weekend??