Thanks so much for all your well wishes on getting well!! You all are the best.
I’m feeling much better. Just have a lingering cough and my nose still looks like Rudolph, but I’ll take this over what I had any day!
I hate to hear a lot of you are not feeling so well. If I could make you all a big pot of soup, I would.
Since I can’t, I’ll share with you all the soup that helped me get through my sickness. Luvy wasn’t sick, and he still loved it!
This healing and hearty lentil veggie soup is soothing and sure to please any crowd or the sickly.
- 2 red potatoes, chopped (mine were quite large)
- 2 parsnips, chopped*
- 1 leek, chopped*
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 cup green lentils, uncooked
- 1 veggie bouillon cube
- 1 heaping tsp cumin
- 7-8 cups of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil to garnish
- *If you don't have leek or parsnips feel free to sub for carrot and onion. 🙂
- Start by placing 1 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy bottomed stock pot and heat over medium. Add your garlic and leek and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in your potatoes and parsnips. Allow to cook 5 minutes. Just enough time to allow them to start to soften.
- Add lentils, cumin, bouillon cube, and water. Bring to a boil. Salt and pepper here to taste.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until lentils and veggies are cooked to your liking.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with fresh basil.
I hope this warms you all up and helps keep you healthy!
What is your favorite thing to eat when you are sick?
Anyone getting any snow today? We just have lots of rain here.