What a day! I still feel like I’m trying to catch myself!
My day started out with my appointment to the orthopedic for a verdict on my knee. What I thought was going to be a quick and simple appointment turned into me getting another cortisone shot!
The good news is that he says I don’t have a torn meniscus. The bad news is that they don’t know what is wrong. Not much of a verdict, but I’ll take not having anything torn!
From there, I raced off to my meeting with a professor of mine. I was there until 1:30- good thing I like her!! 🙂
Then, I had to run to two different offices PLUS Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods before lunch. I finally broke down and bought lunch at Whole Paycheck at 3pm. At that point, I was considering eating the cardboard box!
Don’t judge the monkey pj’s and fuzzy socks. My knee hurts remember??
The swelling and pain is starting to set in a bit, so I decided I would make a “I’m being a big baby so feel sorry for me dinner”.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 large bag of mixed veggies or 5 1/2 cups of mixed veggies
- 1 can white beans- your choice
- 1 quart of broth
- 1 quart of water
- 1/2 cup uncooked gluten free pasta
- 1/2 bag of collard greens
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp each of basil, oregano, parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large pot with cooking spray and cook onion, garlic, and celery until soft. Add in the broth and water, tomatoes, and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in all other ingredients except pasta and greens. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add in pasta and greens. Cook additional 8-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.