That is one long name for a salad, isn’t it?? This salad has been haunting me ever since I made it. It is that good!
I had some leftover butternut squash from where I made my Millet and Butternut Squash Salad, and I knew that I wanted to use it for a fresh cold salad before the weather turns cold. I’m not a fan of cold salads when I’m cold!
If you are unsure of how to roast the butternut squash, or want to know how I roast mine just click the link above. I use coconut oil to roast them, because I think it adds extra flavor!
Fall is Coming Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Apples, Pears, and Chickpeas
- Spinach or mixed salad greens
- Roasted squash
- Carrots (wish I had roasted these too!)
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas
- 1/2 apple, chopped (I used Fuji)
- 1/2 pear, chopped
- Garnish with avocado, almonds, and granola
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup or Sweet Freedom if you have it!
- 2 shakes of cinnamon