This is hands down my favorite salad right now. I have had it 3 times now in the past 3 days!
I usually think of salads as a summer food. No so, my friends, not so.
There are so many great fall foods that make a delicious warm or cold salad. This was my first time having delicata squash on a salad and I’m sold!
This Delicata Squash Fall Salad will definitely be on repeat at our house!
- bed of spinach or greens
- roasted potatoes
- roasted brussels sprouts
- roasted parsnips
- roasted delicata squash
- cooked quinoa
- dried cranberries
- browned apple chicken sausage*
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoon Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey*
- Place your spinach or greens in the bowl. Layer all ingredients to your liking.
- For a side dish, make a small salad. For a main meal, pile it high!
- *to make vegan, sub tempeh or chickpeas for the sausage and maple syrup for honey
- On the side, whisk the dressing together. You may want to add in your honey slowly depending on how sweet you want your dressing.
- Extra dressing will last a week or so covered in the fridge.
Feel free to sub any roasted veggies you might have. These are just the ones that sounded good to me.
I love reheating my veggies either in the oven or the microwave really quick before putting my salad together. The warm foods make it feel more “fall”.
Don’t throw your delicate squash seeds away! Use one of these recipes to roast those babies!
What is your favorite winter squash? I think mine might be Delicata.. or butternut!
What is your favorite salad ingredient?