Sorry this post is going up a little later than usual. Today is my late day at work, so that means I get to sleep in a little later since I work later. I took full advantage of that this morning!
Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday!! I’m hoping that whatever this is passes quickly. Sorry I’m behind on my responses. I read them all… and I will get back to you. Pinky promise. 😉
I have been eating a ton of creamy buckwheat breakfast bowls lately. Plus, it is easy to go down even when I don’t really feel like eating!
- 1/3 cup creamy buckwheat cereal (or mix 1/2 buckwheat, 1/2 brown rice cereal)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 1/4-1/3 cup pumpkin (depends on your preference)
- protein powder (optional)
- pumpkin pie spice
- milk of choice
- toppings- nut butter, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, get creative!
- Bring water, cereal, and a few dashes of cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat to low/ medium low.
- Add in 1/2 of your chopped ripe banana. Allow to boil for 10 minutes. Stir frequently and add more water as necessary.
- Once your 10 minutes is up, remove from heat. Stir in protein powder, if using, and pumpkin.
- Top with the other half of the banana and desired toppings
I went with sunflower butter and hemp seeds. We will chat more about those tomorrow!!
Pour cold milk over the top and eat! Coconut milk would be heavenly with this!!
What are your favorite toppings over your hot cereal?
Pumpkin in your breakfast… yay or nay?