You know there is that recipe that you can toy with, but it is never the same or as good as the original?
That’s how No Bake Cookies…. or Cow Patties as I grew up calling them… are to my husband.
I have made these using coconut oil, and I think my Coco-Nut No Bake Cookies are sinfully delicious.
To Luvy, nothing compares to the tried and true original recipe.
I grew up eating these cookies. I remember my mamaw making these for me as a small child.
- Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup real butter
- 1/2 cup milk- heavier the better
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal (GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Get all ingredients ready. This moves fast!
- Mix sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa in a saucepan. Stir continuously. Heat to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add in vanilla and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add in oats.
- Spoon onto waxed paper to cool.
Sometimes we can change a recipe trying to make it more creative or “healthier”. For Luvy, this one is best left alone. 🙂
Is there a certain treat you grew up eating?
What is your favorite treat to make for family or friends?