After a workout, especially after a good weights workout, I love a good protein smoothie. Chocolate Milkshake Protein Smoothie to be exact!
This would also make for a great on the go breakfast or snack. Plus, it’s chocolate… who can say no to that?
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 ice cubes
- handful of spinach
- 1 cup milk- I used vanilla hemp milk
- 1 serving vanilla or chocolate protein powder*
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp gluten free vanilla
- optional: add in 1 Tbsp peanut butter for a chocolate peanut butter
- Put everything in the blender and blend!
Add everything in to blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. I add 3/4 of milk then slowly add it in as needed so it doesn’t get too thin.
It’s not a real milkshake, but this “milkshake” you can enjoy everyday!
If it isn’t creamy enough for you, feel free to add more frozen banana. One was all I had!
What is your favorite post workout meal?
What is your favorite smoothie ingredient?