Now that is a mouthful of a name! —-> pun intended
Meg and I were chatting the other day about breads and how we haven’t been using protein powders in muffins lately. I realized that I haven’t made a microwave muffin in months!
All I could think about was my Chocolate Pumpkin Buckwheat Muffin I used to make all the time.
I dug it out to share again, and so I could have it for breakfast this morning!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 3-4 Tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp carob or cocoa powder (if using cocoa you will need to add some sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 Tbsp flax with 2 Tbsp warm water (or one egg)
- Combine flax with warm water and let sit while you combine all other ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- If using an egg, mix it in with wet ingredients and add in dry ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. Check to make sure it is done by pressing on the top. If it bounces back it is finished.
This makes one large delicious muffin! Plus, you can top it with anything your heart desires.
I hope you all are enjoying this Blast From the Past series. I’m enjoying going back into the archives and digging out great recipes I shared way back when no one but my mom read my blog! 😉
What are you loving for breakfast lately?
What do you like to top muffins or pancakes with?