I can’t get enough of my hot breakfasts in the mornings.
It is so cold here that all I want is a nice big cup of hot coffee and something warm on my belly. Anyone else feeling that way??
After having my food intolerance test redone, I had to give up oats temporarily. Good thing my dear friend Sarah turned me onto Eden Foods Brown Rice Flakes. Right now, I’m loving a big bowl of apple pie for breakfast!
Too bad they aren’t sold here in Louisville anymore. I must find them!!
- Apple Pie Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 cup brown rice flakes*
- 1/4 cup cooked basmati rice-- I love the texture it gives!
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1 Tbsp raisins
- 2/3 cup water
- hefty shake of cinnamon
- berries- frozen or fresh
- vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- hemp seeds
- goji berries
- drizzle of honey
- go crazy!
- *Feel free to sub oats for the brown rice flakes if you prefer. Either is delicious.
- Put water, brown rice flakes, apple, water, and cinnamon in a pot and bring to a boil. Allow to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in berries, protein powder, and maca- if using. If it is too thick at this point, stir in some milk of choice.
- Top however you desire.
I have been loving maca in my morning bowls lately!
What do you like in your morning bowls?
What is your hot breakfast of choice?